Replacement Neff Oven Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fan in our Neff oven U1661W2GB/01 is stalling and often does not start. Looking around for replacements there are two fans for U1661 type ovens. The Embpapst numbers are:-
R2A 150-AA33-10 and R2A 150-AA33-15. Mine is listed as needing the latter. However, the price difference between the 2 visually identical (from photos) items is extreme. about £35 for the former and £190 for the latter. Does anyone know if these two items are physically interchangeable? I suspect not since the electrical specs seem to be the same. What is the difference between the 10 and 15 suffix? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much - the 15 suffix item is the correct one. I did find out that the only difference between the 2 items is the length of the spindle. The 15 version spindle is 5mm longer than the 10 version and this difference is critical for ovens that need to longer shaft.

However, if you can reuse the spindle and fan blade it is a very simple repair (2 bolts and swap the electrical connections between the two motors) to the replace the back bearing and the motor windings from a new 10 version. I think in most cases the failure is due to the motor windings failing (it was in my case). If it works it is also a lot easier than removing the left hand thread nut that holds the fan blade in place. This is often completely seized.

Apparently, the 10 versions are cheap since the stock was sold off to the distribution trade, whereas the 15 version has only been available via Neff/Siemens/Bosch. Hope this helps someone.

unless you earn more than £300 an hour, that was a job well worth doing.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much - the 15 suffix item is the correct one. I did find out that the only difference between the 2 items is the length of the spindle. The 15 version spindle is 5mm longer than the 10 version and this difference is critical for ovens that need to longer shaft.

However, if you can reuse the spindle and fan blade it is a very simple repair (2 bolts and swap the electrical connections between the two motors) to the replace the back bearing and the motor windings from a new 10 version. I think in most cases the failure is due to the motor windings failing (it was in my case). If it works it is also a lot easier than removing the left hand thread nut that holds the fan blade in place. This is often completely seized.

Apparently, the 10 versions are cheap since the stock was sold off to the distribution trade, whereas the 15 version has only been available via Neff/Siemens/Bosch. Hope this helps someone.

Never found the fan impellor nut to be siezed. Your right it is a left hand thread. I usually just hold the impeller by one of the blades and then it's easy enough to use a socket on a driver to crack the nut off.

I looked up the part no .......and if there is a alternative my suppliers website tells me.
I'm impressed with you finding out the differences between the two versions !! And partially dismantling them to change the spindle, good idea !
As I fix ranges commercially it's not something I would attempt, I fit the correct parts to ensure it all goes well for the customers and hence me.

Thanks again for you help. I agree that this is a pragmatic DIY repair rather than a commercial repair.

With regard to getting the LH thread nut off, the potential problem is that the spindle turns inside the fan blade before the nut actually loosens. The fan blade is not very well keyed to the spindle, it only relies on a relatively small flat on one side of the spindle. Generally these are very well built ovens so the fan could have been in place for up to 20 years!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back