Neff Oven fan not working and bulb inoperative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have recently been fitting a replacement kitchen and with the kind help of some of the people on here have finally managed to get to a stage where the appliances are in.

The oven is a Neff b1881n0gb, but the fan doesn't work. Listings show that the fan is bespoke for this model oven, confirmed by local stockist, and is marginally under £200.

However the more I read into Neff oven faults the more I'm seeing that if the bulb blows it can take the board with it.

Also the fan is only bespoke because it's got a 5mm longer shaft than the one that fits a large amount of other neff models.

I can hear another fan starting up somewhere in the top of the oven but the original does not spin, but will by hand.

Does it make a massive amount of difference for the fan to be working (this is my first electric oven) or am I chasing my tail trying to fix?

Also is there a way to get fault codes or something from the oven?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back