Replacement Parts for 1999/2000 installed Wirsbo UFH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Wirsbo (Uponor) underfloor heating system installed in my bungalow in 1999/2000 using two Wirsbo area packs. This was later upgraded by installing electric actuators and wireless thermostats in each room. I have noticed that recently some of the valves are sticking when the actuators open.

I believe after some enquiries that this is a TA 1 1/4” Manifold but have attached some photos of the manifold and valve for further information.

After several enquiries to Underfloor Heating suppliers on-line I understand these parts are discontinued?
Do any of the tradesmen on this site know of anywhere that may have old stock? Even an old manifold with a number of the pin valves might help as I could remove them and see if they can be serviced.

Also can you tell me if these valves contain a spring that opens the valve and against which the actuator works or does it reply on the pressure of the return flow to push the valves of the seat?

I have tried gently lifting the pins with a pair of pliers but they don't appear to have any resistance and fall shut again.
Any information would be great fully received, either about the valves or where I might find some old stock
IMG_2236.JPG
Manifold Valve.JPG
Zone Pack Manifold.JPG
IMG_2236.JPG
Manifold Valve.JPG
Zone Pack Manifold.JPG

Fozzie

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thet dont work like standards TRV actators the motor works by turning that litte gear cog on the valve body and lifts or lowers the valve, you may be able to free them , someone with more experience of these will be able to tell you better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UPONOR-TH...436548?hash=item3d28f95f44:g:OuwAAOSw8w1X7pUG

Thanks for the reply IanMCD. Its not the actuators themselves (in the ebay link above) that need replacing is the pin valves they act on. I think the rubber washer is sticking on the manifold seating or the return springs (if they have them) have got weak and not lifting the valve when the actuator is fully open.
Fozzie

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The pins are spring loaded open and the actuater de energised shuts them afaik.
The serated cog wheel just locates the actuater at the appropriate position.

The actuater removed is the same as the actuater energised.
You should have flow in other words.
But you won't know it as you don't seem to have flo meters.

The pins are spring loaded open and the actuater de energised shuts them afaik.
The serated cog wheel just locates the actuater at the appropriate position.

The actuater removed is the same as the actuater energised.
You should have flow in other words.
But you won't know it as you don't seem to have flo meters.

Thanks Roger,
I think you have confirmed what I believed. Either the springs have got weak and not lifting the valve or the rubber washer is stuck on the seating. The only way to really find out is to remove the affected valves which I am loathe to do before the spring as it will mean draining down the system again, (unless the gate valves will close sufficiently tightly to seal but Im not convinced). Need to change these to ball valves when servicing next time ;).
If only I could find a source of old stock or even second hand pin valves I could have on standby when I remove the stuck ones.
I assume they have a rubber O ring to seal them and that could be damaged on removal.

Fozzie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back