Replacement Pilking insulight DG unit etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to break a Pilkington Insulight DG unit low E whilst trying to take it out and tun it round the other way, because I had installed iit the wrong way round in the first place.
I have got seven windows (single storey only) all of which have one DG unit istalled correctly and one incorrectly. I used a fair amount of mastic to seal them, so they are hard to remove as I have found.
The window came from Magnet.

So I need a replacement for the one I have broken, are they difficult to source or do I phone up a local glazer? Ideas on price would help too.

And for the others do I get a glazer to remove and turn them round or is it easy if you have the right tools?

Sponsored Links
Measure the depth, height, width of the broken unit and phone around your local glaziers for quotes, as for removing them a stanley knife and a paint scraper should do the trick if you can get someone to help by pushing the unit outwards while you cut through the mastic and catch it.
Work the paint scraper around the inside of the unit first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back