Replacement Radiator Bleed Valve Grub Screw (Air Bleeding)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody,

Second thread for me on the forum!

I have old radiators in the house (about 12-15 years). Single flat panel with fins.

Writing on radiator: BS 3528 and further on FEK 1 A.

Bleed System - The bleed screw, screws directly into the back face of the radiator.

Pictures are worth viewing.

We got a baby on the way for the new year! Expected Jan 1st!

I really do get that these 'might' be hard to find. But I will try, try and try. That is why I am asking any of you - could you please give me some suggestions or pointers, no matter how small?

EDT: I.e. I need replacements - where can I get some from, or even better - I am trying to create a solution to this problem (rounded bleed screws) - can anyone contribute?

Many Thanks,

SirLancealot.

:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
There are three different threads that I've known about, but don't keep mental records of things like that! Your rads are relatively recent compared to some so you shouldn't have a problem.

Try you friendly local neighbourhood plumbing merchant. One which has been there for ages.
They should be able to produce at least a couple you can compare with.
Often they'll come in an insert which you won't need. As you have one to take with you that saves a lot of experimenting!

Radiator is in that condition and you have already removed it from the wall,I think it would be better idea to replace it compeletly with brand new one,the modern radiaors will emit more heat and are alot more efficient

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back