Replacement Radiator Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, im hoping I can get some advice...

I have moved into a new house and the radiator that heats the main room is old and not giving out much heat. I think its full of shi* and I know I can get it flushed but due to its age, I thought a new more efficient rad with fins etc may kick out more heat and be cheaper to run.

The current rad is a double 700mm high and 2000mm width. I did one onf those BTU caluclations and it said I need approx 7900 to heat the room.

For ease and to save cost, I was thinking of getting the same size rad but a single with convector fins etc so it can be easily replaced and will give out the heat required but as its a single, should be cheaper to heat?

IS this a good idea or is it best to get a smaller double one and have pipework extended by a plumber?

Finally, can you reccomend any radiator ranges? I have spent hours looking and the price varies so much and I cant see why! I just want a cheap efficient one!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There's no such thing as an efficient radiator, although some are more effective than others at releasing heat.

The new radiator won't be cheaper to run. If it gets the room hotter quicker, in fact, it will probably cost you slightly more.

There's no such thing as an efficient radiator, although some are more effective than others at releasing heat.

The new radiator won't be cheaper to run. If it gets the room hotter quicker, in fact, it will probably cost you slightly more.
n

Ok thanks, so just get same size in a double? Thing is, a 2000mm double rad gives off more BTU than I require, thats why i was thinking of a large single.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back