Replacement toilet seat hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please can anyone recommend where I could get some replacement toilet seat hinges as they seem to be very rare! - see images attached

The fixings attach to the pan fine, the issue is theres a 'quick release' screw on the top of the fixing thats damaged - so it makes the entire seat loose...

I bought the toilet & seat from a UK company about 6 years ago - apparently its an Italian import from a company called 'Vitra Vie' but I can't seem to find them on the Internet - not sure if they still exist - the toilet seat is a very unusual shape - not a standard oval and not a D shape - somewhere inbetween - so i can't just replace the toilet seat :(

However - I know these fixings can't be that uncommon as they have the same type in my office toilets!

Any help much appreciated
Bexcina

View media item 60261 View media item 60262 View media item 60263[/img]

Sponsored Links
Not sure if its the company your looking for but might be worth a look,
lucky for you the only showroom in the UK is in Didcot!!

http://enexp.vitra.com.tr/
VitrA Didcot Showroom

Park 34, Collett Way Didcot, Oxon ,OX11 7WB

Phone: + 44 1235 750990

A pair of these should do the job, dependant on the size of the holes in the seat:

lhinge.jpg

Fairly readily available.

Sponsored Links
Ex-shop boy, if you don't mind. :)

Not that good, look at the size of the bl00dy picture. :rolleyes:

Many thanks to all who replied

Will contact the Vitra company to see if they are the right one...

Otherwise will start the hunt for some angled ones which fit!

Thanks again all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back