Replacing 17mm groove drawer runners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a wardrobe that has 4 drawers that use 17mm groove drawer runners. Over the last few years I have had to replace the runners on numerous occasions.

I was wondering if there was a better solution, because all the runners that fit all seem to be rather light-weight.

Thanks,

Carl

Sponsored Links
Hi.

The drawers have grooves on each side that are 17mm wide that the runners fit into. They look like these: http://www.eurofitdirect.co.uk/17mm-mini-slide-ikea-drawer-runner

Unfortunately, all the ones I can find online are rated for 10kg, which just don't seem to be sturdy enough.

I did wonder if bottom-mounted drawer runners might be better, but I don't think they will fit (i.e. the drawer + drawer runners will be too wide).

Thanks,

Carl

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Unfortunately, I think those are pretty much the same, as the rating, per runner, is only 10kg.

Regards,

Carl

Apologies - misread the 20kg and, as you say, it amounts to the same 10kg per runner.

Must say I'm not so sure that a higher kg rating exists for such a thin (17mm) width. I think most (if not all) of the higher kg rating runners are wider than that.

Best of luck and apologies again.

B

under mounted wont work as the rollers and runners are between the drawer and cabinet side

do you have a space under the drawer you can utilise ??
my thoughts are 2x1" planed[20x44mm] batons screwed and glued to the cabinet sides under the drawer from the front to at least 75% off the drawer length

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back