Replacing 18mm chipboard bathroom floor with ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

about to re-do the bathroom. One of the jobs I want to do is to replace the floor. its all flaking away due to old leaks by the previous occupants.

I want to replace with a decent 18mm ply. its a 60s or 70s house in think. chipboard flooring throughout upstairs.

the plan is to cut around the edge of the room, and try to replace the floor in two pieces (the room is 2.2mx2m).

on three of the walls, there will be boxing in for pipes/bath, so I can either cut flush with the wall, or leave a bit of old floor and cut further away from the wall, but one wall has no boxing, and also has a doorway. I'm using a roll of vinyl for the floor, so I don't want the old and new to be uneven. while both the chipboard and the ply will both be 18mm, there might be a little variation

Is it ok to cut flush with the walls? or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back