Replacing a 7kw shower with 8.5kw- minimum cable size

It looks like 6.0mm from the CU to the isolator, and then 4.0mm from the isolator to the shower.

99%sure that they are the same size cable

Think its the perspective on the isolator photo

I can measure the copper with a vernier tomorrow if that helps?!

Sponsored Links
I was just thinking I could scrape together £40 for a new slightly more powerful shower instead of £10 for the replacement pressure release device for the existing shower.
£5.49

Its not that bad, just not very powerful at all.
Nor is an 8.5kW, really.

Seriously - wait until you have the funds to have the circuit rewired and a 10.5+kW shower installed.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I was just thinking I could scrape together £40 for a new slightly more powerful shower instead of £10 for the replacement pressure release device for the existing shower.
£5.49

Its not that bad, just not very powerful at all.
Nor is an 8.5kW, really.

Seriously - wait until you have the funds to have the circuit rewired and a 10.5+kW shower installed.

Thanks, wise advice I think

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back