Replacing A British Gas WR1 Controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

British Gas installed our CH about 5yrs ago with remote thermostat connected to the WR1 receiver (a rebranded Drayton unit I'm told).

Some time ago the thermostat packed up, tried all the reset procedures etc, but the screen would not even come on. Anyway, in our whole refurbishment of the house this bit has now been lost.

The heating works using the override button on the WR1, but I want to get it back onto the timer for winter. The old thermostat was a bit basic, with on, off and timer options only. What I do fancy is one with 7 day timer, and ideally wifi enabled so I can get the heating on from my phone (we work irregular hours).

I've looked at some replacement units, but I don't know if / how they would work with the current receiver. The full units talk about being suitable for 2 or 3 wire systems, no idea which mine is!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
WR1 will work with the BG WIFI 7 day programmer but as you get one with the kit it's pointless worrying about it.

Full WIFI kit is only £199 and I would rate it around a 7.5/10.

Sponsored Links
Do I have any options of anything that will "speak" to my current receiver?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back