Replacing a corner bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

The (acrylic?) white plastic bath panel supplied with my 1200mm x 1200mm corner bath has been damaged beyond repair. I have approached the plumbers merchant where the bath was bought in order to buy a new one - to find out it will cost me over £200 to replace.

After picking myself up off the floor, I know I really cannot afford to pay this sort of money out - the bath itself didn't cost much more!

So - my question to all you DIY experts is: can I make one of my own that looks nice?

I thought about using that mdf stuff that is scored on one side to make it flexible - but that is as far as I have got.....the issue that is going to be a problem is attaching the replacement.

The current panel is suspended from hooks under the lip of the bath edge, which attach to the inside bottom of the panel - in effect, the panel 'hangs' off the ground.

So - to recap - 1) any ideas on what I can use to replace the existing panel - and 2) how do I attach the new version if it can be made?

I hope you can help me - please :cry:

Thank you for reading my problem!

kind regards

ooohsopink

Sponsored Links
If you are a diyer, you can make a simple frame & use ply then paint or tile or any other finish.

found one on B&Q. just search for corner bath panel. however, there are no dimensions listed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back