Replacing a digistat scr with nest thermostat e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a wireless digistat scr thermostat and am looking to replace it with a nest thermostat e.
My set up is identical to this post:

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...-scr-digistat-rf-to-nest-installation.473475/

My question there was, if anyone has done this before can they post a picture of the completed wiring?

It would be very useful for me (and maybe others).
My understanding is
1 black - this would go to c
3 grey - this would go to no

then put the three remaining wires live, neutral and earth into the terminal blocks provided.

am I missing anything ?
Thx
Conor

Sponsored Links
You got it!

Digistat SCR 1 common = Nest-e C (Common)
Digistat SCR 3 call for heat = Nest-e NO (Normally Open)

The Nest-e is battery powered so doesn't need the 230V supply to power it that the SCR did, so isolate the other wires safely out of the way. Do not connect them to the Nest. C and NO are the only two connections you need.

Did this work, Nopotatos? What did you do about the central heating timer controls? Did you leave the wiring from the wired unit to the boiler to make sure the timer was still triggering your CH, while the Nest E looks after your heating?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back