Replacing a Drayton RTS1 with Honeywell Wireless Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, im new here so I hope i dont break too many rules on my first post lol

I am in the process of pretty much rebuilding a house, the heating system in there is a british ga$ installed one from about 2 years ago. It has a glo-worm boiler, a drayton programmer and a drayton stat (RTS1) (all british gas branded)

I am happy with the system as it is not too old, but the thermostat is in a ridiculous place (half way up the stairs)

I have purchased a RM63rf wireless stat from honeywell. Upon removing my drayton RTS1, I have 3 wires connected next to each other on a black plastic backing plate. The honeywell I purchased (damn ebay) is one of those premier inn modified units, I have the code (3164 ;) ) and although it doesnt have all the functions of the retail unit, it will do me fine.

Problem is, 3 wires on the drayton lead me to believe Live, Neutral and CFH

The honeywell has a block on the backing plate with:

|N|L|L| |A|B|C|D|E|

As shown in photo

What wires do i connect up?

Cheers
Buncey

Sponsored Links
This is the wiring diagram of your old stat. The N and L wires should be easy to identify and can be transferred to your new wireless receiver. That leaves the switched live, which should be put in the B terminal. You now have to put a short link wire between the second L terminal and the A terminal. The reason for this is that your boiler has 230v control and your old stat provided this directly. The new stat has volt free switching unless you put a link between L and A.

Hope that's clear ;)

View media item 4569

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back