replacing a faulty actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
The problem I have is that I have to switch the lever on my 2 way actuator over to manual to get my central heating to work ,
Reading previous posts I believe this problem is a broken actuator,
How easy are they to replace like for like,
I will drain the tank and rads & hold off the ball valve etc,
How easy are actuators to remove / replace,
Any info is greatly appreciated ( not inc bad info lol)!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi Hi Spec,
Ta for the reply,
No mate its a Tower MV2-22c , Grey Box type
Ill await your knowlegde in text lol !!

Sponsored Links
I recently replaced my Myson actuator, it was held onto the valve with two screws. I guess yours will be similar.

Turn off the CH at the fuse box before you start removing wires and then replacing the actuator!

Hi Thanks for info,
When you say change the motor , do you mean the 2in circular object you see once opening the cover, , if it is that where is a good place to buy it from , I have scanned ebay but no such luck ,
Thanks again .

Hi All
I bought a new motor identical to the old one,
Still no joy , so to make sure the motor was working i removed the motor whilst it was on , the small cog was not turning either with or without the central heating on,
I checked the wiring centre just to make sure no loose wires etc, So i gave up at that point.
My curiosity came back so I removed it again and this time the small cog in the motor was turning, so I screwed it back on and waited to see what happened.
All that happened was the cog gripped the main cog to the actuator. But it did not move the lever over to let the valve open for the heating,
I will i think replace the tower actuator,
How easy is this job, ( for an amature !!)

If you can buy the head only then very easy. If you mean the entire valve then it will be a lot more time consuming for you, with possibly having to drain the system down.

Pretty certain tower valves cannot just have the head changed and need a whole new valve..... Honeywell the dearest , drayton cheaper and not too bad a valve with a head that just clips on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back