Replacing a gas fireplace with electric fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently decorating a downstairs room and have removed the Gas Fireplace aswell as the surround. I am now left with a hole in the wall. Money is tight so we have looked at putting in an Electric Fire complete with surround.However, I am wondering how I should seal the hole in the wall so that the new fire can sit flush against it. Will I also need to vent the sealed chimney ? I am quite stuck so would welcome some advice. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Okay - since my last post I have come to realise that I will need to put a vent in the chimney but I do not know where. The fireplace we have chosen fits flush against where the hole will be bricked up. The chimney doglegs to the left so a vent could go on the wall but offset. This will look very odd.

What would be great would be if a knowledgeable chap would provide me with an alternative.

Therefore, please can someone help.

Sponsored Links
Your Pics dont work - too small wont expand.

I'd like to see the whole c/breast esp. the "dog-leg"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back