Replacing a section of worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Have knocked through an interior wall to kitchen and intend to replace the kitchen units and worktop that were against the wall by converting to a breakfast bar that will go back in the same place.

When I removed the old worktop section it separated cleanly at the corner joint from the section that remains on the adjoining wall, which in turn remains joined to a third section of worktop at the corner of the next wall. I wish to keep these sections in place if possible as they are in good shape.

But I'm not sure if it is feasible for me to cut the new breakfast bar section to fit the 'old' joint in the corner. This will be my first time cutting worktops - not a problem in itself - but due to my lack of experience I would appreciate any thoughts or advise at this stage on the best way to proceed with these laminate worktops.

Sponsored Links
You might get away with it, you might not. It all depends if your mason's mitre template matches the original one used to create the joint. They don't all match

Thanks for reply. That's my concern. It looks like I'm going to have to have the remaining worktops out so as to cut new joint(s) unless I get lucky with the template.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back