replacing a side drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to re-lay the concrete drive down the side of my house. The section of the drive between the street and the front corner of the house has been re-done at some point in the past but the section beyond the corner of the house, up the side to the garage is crumbling c1930 concrete. I've dug a small section up and it appears to be about 2 inch thick with no sub base.
Is any permission needed to do this and does it need to be pourus or can I just replace it with pain concrete?
The driveway has a slight cross fall to a border about 18 inches wide, I'd like to make the drive a bit wider leaving about 8" of border for drainage which I want to cover with weed membrane and gravel.
From reading the planning portal it seems like only the driveway forward of the front elevation has to be porous, is that correct?

Sponsored Links
None of it has to be porous, the point is you are not allowed to drain into a sewer without Planning Permission. So you can do it as porous, drain it onto your own land or drain it into a soakaway on your land.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back