Concreting a drive on slight gradient

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i need to concrete a new section of driveway i have dug out, from previous posts in understand i need to dig approx 10inches lower than the existing border, put in approx 4inches of hardcore and then 6 inches of concrete...?
But the driveway is on a slight gradient but is only approx 1.5-2m wide, can i lay the concrete for this in one go or will it all slip down, the drop is about 30cms in places and level in others!. Is there some way to lay it all in one go, or should i use shuttering in section, the previous drive seems to have been laid in one go.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes you should use shutting, just get some old wood and use that. And get slightly thinker concrete.

Sponsored Links
Use 100mm MOT or crushed concrete in preference to hardcore.
For standard domestic driveway 100mm concrete is sufficient. If you keep the mix of concrete tight enough you can lay it at 45 degree angle slope. If she does slump a bit let it addle of and go back to it hour later.
Have you not cosidered block paving.?
old un.

Oldun look back to anoaks 1st post, the thread is over 3 years old; I should think there are several cars parked on it by now ;)

Richard,

Took me a little while to figure it out. See it now, the young lady is bringing up old threads to drum up some business for imprinted concrete.
Cheers. old un :eek: :eek:

Richard,

Took me a little while to figure it out. See it now, the young lady is bringing up old threads to drum up some business for imprinted concrete.
Cheers. old un :eek: :eek:
Hi oldun; not sure it's actually a young lady but watch out for my latest post very soon, it might explain a few things ;)

ok this is silly. I am a female and i am 22 and im a mum I just know an awfull lot about pattern imprinted concrete as my partner does it so fort i would anwers a few questions. I dont have a concrete company and i work for a shipping company. I didnt relise the posts were old as im new to the site and didnt look at the dates. I didnt mean to annoy anyone and the one i answered about the ford car is completly true. I have just changed my coil pack coz my car was doing the same thing. I dont know about the revs cause i didnt really get what he ment to be honest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back