Suggestions pls for a temporary concrete drive way and cost

Sponsored Links
Is there much destination between type 1 MOT material and crushes bricks and other rubble acting as hardcore? My builder talked about using crushed bricks etc to form a base but a landscape gardener has told me yesterday that I would be wasting my money putting crushed bricks etc as hardcore down as any future block paving might sink.

He too also suggested leaving the drive way as a type 1 MOT state rather than concreting it but I'm just concerned about the appearance and whether the stones etc coming loose when cars etc drive over it?

don't use crushed rubble its no good for use under block paving as your landscaper said. Don't bother with the concrete, type 1 well compacted forms a relatively impervious surface and as others have said a good soild crust on top.

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy

I did yes, but my questions are different to what you posted.

That said, I also come under Herts Highways so your feedback is appreciated. How long did they take to undertake the work once you made payment? Did they enforce any rules about the the opening size of the wall and height of any side wall (to ensure you can see pedestrians)?

If you put down type 1 MOT, how did you match the part to the pavement and was there a slight drop on your temp drive to allow for future block paving or did you dig it up and relay?

Thx.

Am I right in thinking that with permeable block paving, you dont put down the type 1 MOT stuff?

Also if permeable block paving his gaps to allow water to filter, does not that mean more chances of weeds growing between the paving?

Hi, the work was completed within 8 weeks, I built the side walls, as I am on a corner a couple years after the kerb was dropped but I did have to obtain plaining permission as I wanted the wall at 1.2 metres high.

The dropped the kerb before any work was done to the front drive as it was all grass when they done there work.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. Could you PM me your emails address or phone number?

Thanks.

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back