New water main in drive

M

marsaday

I have a concrete drive and i want to do block paving in the next few yrs.

At the moment i will be renewing the lead water pipe which runs 10m up the drive from the pavement.

So i need to dig out the concrete and muck to 750mm minimum.

When i come to fill the trench back in do i use pea gravel considering i will be redoing the drive in the future. I was thinking of filling with pea gravel up to approx 40mm and then filling the rest of the trench with hardcore.

I understand this is fine for the pipe, but what about the future foundation for a new block pave drive ?

Also do you think i can just bar by way through the concrete to create this trench. It does run very close to the edge of the drive. Normally i think you would cut the concrete with a stone cutter and renew with freah concrete, but i am not bothered about the final finish because it will all come up in the future.

Sponsored Links
I have seen these videos.

Can anyone answer the question about laying gravel in the trench and then later coming to redo the whole drive in block. Will the gravel be an ok base?

Sponsored Links
I have seen these videos.

Can anyone answer the question about laying gravel in the trench and then later coming to redo the whole drive in block. Will the gravel be an ok base?
I did answer it comprehensively in your other double post which seems to have been deleted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back