turning concrete driveway into gravel driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a concrete driveway wich is approx 15 metres x 3 metres, it has lots of cracks in it, and has many different colours of concrete where it has been extended in the past. I intend to extend the area again but this time put gravel down instead and also cover the exsiting driveway, would it be ok to lay gravel over the top of the concrete or should the concrete be dug up, i don't really want to take the concrete up if i can avoid it as i dread to think how much this would cost, there wouldn't be a problem with drainage as the concrete has a slight slope

Sponsored Links
gravel on top of conceret wont work. it needs to come up.

Only took an afternoon to break up my concrete drive [a little larger than your] with an electric jack hammer , cost £50 to hire.

Sponsored Links
you might consider bonded aggregate which looks like gravel but is small stones mixed with glue, and does not shift. It is ever so slightly flexible so will accomodate a little movement.

looks very nice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back