Replacing all internal doors

if dosh is a bit tight at the moment,1 thing that id recommend doing is make up a door stand,out of an off cut of 4x2,cut it in the middle about 2 inches widex2 inches deep with 1 side at an angle then cut a wedge bit of timber,hey presto 1 door stand,lay door in between the gap and gentle tap the wedge in and you can work on the door to your hearts content without it falling over.

Sponsored Links
Thanks MultiskilledBob - I've definitely learned that lesson when fitting my first kitchen - couldn't afford a proper Jig & Router Bits - oh what a costly mistake that turned out to be!!! I've since used Christmas as an excuse and treated myself - also got one of those Li-ion Makita 7 piece Power tool kits - best money I've spent so far!

Thanks iaith, i'll look them up!

Thanks very much Gregers, that's the first thing I'm going to do on saturday - finally got all the ironmongery & electric planer so as soon as the stand is made I'm good to go!!

Hi again all,
I just wanted to leave a quick note to those who posted here to say thanks for all your advice.
I have now hung my 7 internal doors and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
It was my first attempt so am letting myself off a bit for not having a uniform 2mm gap all the way around.
In future I will definitely be buying better quality doors & ironmongery too, which will hopefully help, but overall I'm chuffed!
Thanks again.
Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back