Help Trimming Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No doubt this is a basic question, but what is the best type of hand saw to cut the bottom of old pine doors; I need to trim some for new carpets?

I do not have any power tools other than small sander and when I try use a hand plane, it stops suddenly when it hits the tenon joints in the bottom of the door, persumably because of the direction being opposite to rest of bottom of the door. I cannot even just plane the small rectangular area of the tenons, doesn't seem to work and not enough space to get any type of motion going. So I will just have to saw the door, but not sure which saw to use. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A finer toothed cross cut saw will give you a reasonable finish although it will take you longer.....the use of a rip saw is for the experienced! You'll still need to finish with a plane or sander of course.
I'd wager your plane is blunt or set too coarse - why not invest in an electric plane?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back