Replacing an electric central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my existing Myson Maxton 12kw electric central heating boiler which has broken down after 30 years. A two-page brochure is attached for info.
Brochure page 1.jpegBrochure page 2.jpeg

Since there is no gas supply where I live, I'd like to replace it with something similar, such as a Slim Jim electric flow boiler or something like that.

However, I'm finding it very difficult to find a local (Shropshire) installer - wondering if anyone has any ideas? I thought about buying one off the shelf and then getting a local plumber to do the necessary fitting but nobody seems keen. Plumbers don't want to touch it because it's "electrical" and electricians can't do the plumbing. Also, I wouldn't want to buy a replacement from somewhere like Screwfix only to find I've bought the wrong thing, or to get someone local to fit it only to find that it would invalidate the warrantee.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who also installs? Or an installer who would also supply the boiler and warrantee?

Any help greatly appreciated (but please no arguments about the pros and cons of electric v gas boilers, lol).

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have no idea if this would work, but I would attempt to get the manufacturers to do the leg work for you!
If you want one of their boilers, they should have a vested interest in helping you find a local installer for it.
Otherwise go elsewhere!
Have a go at contacting a sales rep and see what they can do!

Good luck! :)

Edit:
You may get a better response if this post was moved to the 'Plumbing and Central Heating' section.

Last edited:
@RandomGrinch thanks for your reply. I've emailed one of the manufacturers as you suggested, so I'll see what they say. Also, I've taken your advice and posted this in the 'Plumbing and Central Heating' section. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back