Replacing an EPH Ember with a Drayton Wiser Kit 3

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I'd appreciate some advice on the following setup.

I currently have an EPH Ember "smart" system consisting of 2 heating zones (combi boiler so no water) and two wireless thermostats. I'd like to replace it with the Drayton Wiser Kit 3.

The EPH wiring looks like this:

1675609978696.png

which looks like this on the controller backplate:

1675610031173.png

So, other than the L & N terminals, pins 3 & 4 are the zone 1 and 2 switches, respectively.

The Drayton wiring looks like this:

1675610142735.png

I appreciate that the wiring centre in the Drayton documentation is different but, as I'm going to be retaining the EPH wiring centre, vales, pump, etc, is it simply a case of replacing the backplate, moving wire 3 > pin 1 and wire 4 > pin 3 and replacing the programmer?

I can't see why I would need to do anything more but it just seems too easy...

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's it. Occasionally the planets all align

You may not even need to replace the backplate. Just move the connections as you indicated (3->1 & 4->3).

Naturally enough the Wiser will have a phantom channel for Hot Water which can be ignored.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Worked a charm, thanks guys.

I DID replace the back panel as I thought my OCD would annoy me having a white backplate and a black programmer... before I realised you couldn't actually see it once the programmer goes back on. Oh well, it kept me quiet for a bit...

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back