Replacing an old ESPAG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm searching in google for an espag but I can't seem to find one that meets the following criteria

- Inline
- Backset is 20mm
- Plate is flat with two non moving mushrooms (plate moves)
- Plate width is 13mm
- Plate length is 600mm
- Plate thickness is 3mm
- Mushroom outside diameter is 11mm
- Mushroom inside diameter is 8mm
- Mushroom height including plate is 10mm (7mm minus plate thickness)

Got the message that these espags are obsolete. Everything I find in google seems to have at least one parameter wrong. Is there any espag that would more or less fit even if I have to do some work to the pvc?

I'm in the UK and of course the landlord is dragging his heels since tradesmen have told him he'll have to replace the window.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Possibly not helpful, but does the window have to open?
If it doesn't, you could take the sealed unit out and screw through the frames, to keep it closed?
If it does need to open, is there another window in the property you could take the espag from?
All of this is reversible should you find a proper replacement. :)

I hadn't considered that, thanks. Only problem is I want to apply for insurance and they might not accept locking a window permanently but in a non standard way. I guess I could ask though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back