Replacing an old mixer shower, using existing pipework.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing an old gravity fed Triton T650 mixer shower. It wouldn’t stop dripping. I was hoping to repair it but having removed it, it doesn’t look repairable. But I haven't done any 'major' plumbing jobs for 25 years, so would appreciate some guidance on replacement options.

It is in a guest bathroom, infrequently used, so it doesn't need to be state of the art, top of the range or stylish, just reliable - and easy to fit! The Triton shower had originally been fitted with a pump. But this was subsequently removed as the head of water from the tank in the 2nd floor loft was found to be more than sufficient.

Having done a search I see that modern units are plumbed in in different ways . Obviously I would like one which can utilise the existing inlet pipes, which protrude 25mm, and are between 135 and 150mm apart (there is some wiggle room). Incidentally, the old olives on them came off relatively easily, but have left very slight rings (see photo). Might this be a problem? Replacing the pipework would be a pain...

Replacing like-for-like would mean a unit with separate temperature and flow controls. And the options would appear to be either a 'concentric' or 'bar'.

Any suggestion for what new unit to go for?

Thanks.

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've only just realised there isn't enough clearance on the left for a bar shower, so that's part of my own question answered....!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back