Replacing An Overhead T&E To Garage

Doesn't change anything. ... Replacing a damaged cable isn't notifiable in Wales or England and never was.
Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that it was only a 'replacement' of an existing cable - which, as you say, has always been non-notifiable in both countries.

However (for the benefit of the OP), my 'correction' of what chivers says still stands - that contrary to what he suggested, whilst most outdoor work is, per se, still notifiable in Wales, it is not in England unless it involves a 'new circuit' (and hasn't been since around 2013, if I recall correctly).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Photographs would of course help us to decide what is the best option - it sounds like you are willing to go the extra mile.

Have you any experience at making off SWA cable glands? I don't class it as a DIY job, only because so many DIYers fit the glands so badly (if at all).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back