Replacing batteries in Oil Level Sender (unsuccessfully)

Sponsored Links
Limiting the current that can flow from the battery prevents a failure in the electronics from having enough current to create enough heat to become a source of ignition.

A part empty, or empty tank which contain(ed)s fuel is much more dangerous than a full one.

Limiting the available current to the sensor/transmitter and containing the power source in a flameproof container, is a standard method of preventing the equipment causing an ignition. I wonder if the batteries and current limiting resistor, might have been able to be mounted in a less robust container, but mounted remote to the tank?

Sponsored Links
If you take my advice get the new type watchman drill a hole in the tank and fit it it's easy to do no farting about.Bob

If you take my advice get the new type watchman drill a hole in the tank and fit it it's easy to do no farting about.Bob

Beware sparks if cutting a hole in metal,

A new Watchman might cost more than buying a new battery pack that ensures that the existing system is intrinsically safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back