Replacing ceiling fixture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a room with two ceiling lights lit by one switch.

Here is one, the other is the same except has two cables, one coming in and one to the one photographed (I forgot to take a photo of the other one).

IMG_20171123_210849.jpg

And here is the new fixture:

IMG_20171123_211053.jpg

As you can see the next fixture doesn't have the same connectors as the old meaning I can't connect the two wires to the other light (not pictured). I think I need a chocbox but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone have a link?

EDIT: Or can the two wires go in the single connector? A bit like this:

wire4.gif

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As long as they will fit, and the screw clamps them, you can put several in. Using both screws, and/or wires in each side, can help.

These days though choc-block is falling out of favour, and maintenance-free push-in or lever clamp connectors are becoming more prevalent. Connexbox do a range of Wagoboxes designed to take Wago connectors which you could use.

Thanks. I'm after some Wago boxes but I'm not sure what I need. There are so many.

Which do I need for my loop-in wiring? There are four ceiling roses that I need to replace so I'm happy with a bulk product.

Sponsored Links
Also if I use Wago connectors is it ok to leave them loose in the light fixture or should you always put them in a box?

Edit: last question. Can I just use 3-way connectors instead of 2? Saves me having to buy bulk packs of both the 2-way and 3-way.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back