Replacing compression fitting with speedfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
I’ve noticed a 22mm to 3/4 Flexi hose under my bath is kinked and needs replacing.
As it’s quite inaccessible I’d like to remove the compression fitting and replace with a speedfit 22mm to 3/4 hose for ease of install.
Is this likely to leak due to the previous compression fitting and the olive etc?
Access is poor and repiping a big faff.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you have enough space to remove the compression fitting ,you must have enough space to replace like for like.

I’ve got a few awful photos from a video.
The panel is back on now!!

1B8A3D8A-FE1E-4F68-9159-083BE7A8AA71.jpeg 38D3FC83-995F-4089-BCB4-1B0ABAA9D77F.jpeg 43D3FCD5-FDA1-4D4A-A7B5-0D5E648C29DE.png

Sponsored Links
(Perhaps) the hose is likely kinked because its under torsion from being tightened up incorrectly,
Loosen it off, let it slip/rotate back to a neutral position and then retighten making sure the hose doesn't rotate again.

If you have enough space to remove the compression fitting ,you must have enough space to replace like for like.

I suppose so! I'm kind of resigned to replacing the flexi but keen on speedfit due to the ease.

(Perhaps) the hose is likely kinked because its under torsion from being tightened up incorrectly,
Loosen it off, let it slip/rotate back to a neutral position and then retighten making sure the hose doesn't rotate again.

I *hope* is it springs back and I don't have to replace it, but it doesn't look good.

It looks like you have enough 22mm copper pipe to cut a bit off and fit a new push fit flexible tap connector. Make sure you clean the pipe before fitting the push fit on.

Andy

I suspect, with my luck, the pipe will have solder snots everywhere so any mods will be difficult.

Keen to know if compression can simply be replaced with speedfit without any issues, just to have options if its grim down there.

If you haven't much experience , restricted access and have to cut the pipe , use a pipe slice / wheeled cutter so the end should be a smoother not damage the seal in the new fitting

Sounds like, if it needs replacing, a like for like compression flexi is the least bad option.
Bet the olive won’t come off….

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back