JG Speedfit with Compression Fittings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Please advise me, is it safer to use speedfit pipe with compression fittings rather than the usual plastic fittings?

It just strikes me they are likely to last longer because they rely on an olive rather than a rubber seal which eventually degrades?

Some of my fittings will also be under a little side pressure because of the awkward routing and flex in the plastic pipe and so maybe compression fittings would cope with this better?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i'm not an expert here, but have just installed a load of JG Speedfit pipework, for Hot/cold water & CH
I used the stay flat piping where I wanted any side pressure and the right angle forming bend, so keeping the pipe as long as possible with no joints. Seemed to be working well.
I used the Super Inserts for connections to Plastic & the standard inserts for copper connections.
They have a warranty of 25 years
25-year guarantee on fittings and pipe https://www.johnguest.com/why-john-guest/#:~:text=Guaranteed to perform&text=Whilst we are confident you,for manifolds and control packs

Last edited:
Please advise me, is it safer to use speedfit pipe with compression fittings rather than the usual plastic fittings?

Not really but, if it you are more comfortable with compression they are ok.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I too use compression fittings instead of push-fit for the reasons you outline. Of course, the best joint is no joint at all - that's where the flexibility of plastic pipe really is an advantage over rigid lengths of copper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back