replacing Digistat RF2 abd SCR with Hive heating only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please find attached a photo shot of Digistat SCR current wiring.
A bit confusing because terminal 2 is not used at all.
How do I wire hive in this case.
Digistat scr.jpg

Sponsored Links
Then - the Hive wiring is exactly the same.

However, you seem to have extra wires connected.
Do you still, perhaps, have an old programmer still in place but permanently set to Heating On - or an old thermostat similarly set or its wiring connected together?

Sponsored Links
Yes, but that is wireless.

I think that there might have been an old wired thermostat there before and they have just connected the wires together.

As it is, all you have to do is fit the Hive to the backplate (although you may want to use the new Hive backplate).

Whilst this will work as before, it is a bit of a bodge leaving unnecessary live wiring in place.
When you have removed the RF2 post a picture of any wires behind it and then you can reconfigure the backplate wiring and disconnect redundant wires.

Hi,
the wire behind the RF2 is dead.dead cable.jpg Back plate.jpg It has been disconnected over 13 years ago when we had the combi boiler professionally fitted .
I have enclosed 2 photos of back plate and the dead cable in the wall.

The system now up and running.
Thank you for your help, very much appreciated .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back