Replacing door entry phone - wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am currently decorating my hall and looking to replace my door entry phone for the close door. My current phone appears to be the Elvox 801 and I have bought the Bell 801 to replace this.

My current phone is wired up as following:
Brown with white to A
White with blue to 1
White with orange to 2
Blue with white to 3
Orange with white to 7

Here's a photo of the current set up: (the Brown and white wire to A was disconnected by me prior to the photo being taken)
Can anyone help with which wire goes where in the Bell 801 handset, the inputs are labelled TROIZ.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
What makes you think a bell systems handset will work with an elvox system? Buy the correct handset ! Try an elvox 8870

I was under the impression that most of the 5 wire systems were interchangeable. Is that not the case?

No ! Not all

safelink.co.uk/shop/audio_door-entry/elvox-8870-handset/
£18.38 - ‎In stock
To be used on Elvox audio or video systems with AC call. The standard Elvox 8870 is white. For Titanium versions see 8870/37. Cabling: 4 + 1 conductor wiring

Sponsored Links
Can you help with what will go where in the 8870 as its labelled
B
4/5

Thanks

123 and 7 as it is 3 linked to 4/5 and 6 to 6 but it may have 6 linked to B in your handset , this is the replacement for the 801 it will work !

Thanks for the reply, so the Brown and white wire which goes into A in my current handset will go to which number?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back