Replacing Door on Indesit W123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Door lock/handle snapped and a bit of the actual door that houses the locking mechanism snapped also when I was opening the door with a screwdriver(!) so I couldnt just get a new door handle kit. I got a full replacement door off ebay and just tried to swap them. I took the two bolts out that hold the hinge of the exisitng door, thinking I could just swap it over and bolt the new door to the machine. Discovered that there must be some sort of nut or similar that the door hinge bolts screw into (sure i heard something drop inside the machine when I took out the existing bolts)and now cant get replacment door on as bolts have nothing to screw into. im wondering which is the best way to get inside the machine to find what it is the hinge bolts screw into. hope this makes sense!
thanks for any advice! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
yes the door hinge screws into a hinge plate on the other side of the machine body it is this you heard drop when you took off the old door. It will probaby just lying down on the sill of the machine and seeing you will have to take the door seal off anyway to fit the new door you can the probably locate/retrieve it then

cheers mate! managed to get to it via taking top of machine off. it was two small nuts on the inside of the machine body. ive bolted the replacement door on and it looks fine but as you originally replied "you will have to take the door seal off anyway to fit the new door " im wondering if i need to replace the seal even though the replacement door has gone on fine??? can i replace the door without replacing the seal? isuppose trial and error will tell me but ive just put a new laminate floor down and ive not got a mop! thanks! :D

no the seal will be fine if it is a direct replacement door. th only reason why you would have to remove the seal from the door was for accessibility to the hinge fixings but you have managed from the top of the machine well done Im sure it should be ok now.

Sponsored Links
tried it on a short empty cycle and its leaking!!!!!!!! door is from a W100 and ive put it on my W123. thought they shared same parts?? not sure what to do. would a new seal fix it? its not a major leak, but water is escaping from around the door. if new seal is a big job i might try putting my old door back on afte patching up the locking mechanism using bits from replacement door. any views, as im not sure why it is leaking? cheers!

Yeah There can be subtle differences between models, even with the same manufacturer I would reccomend you stick to a direct replacement for that model as the door seal is manufactured to mould and seal around the inside of that peticular door. If the door catch mechanism is exactly the same it would be probably be better to replace that on the original door with the original seal

cheers for the info much appreciated! I'll fix the original lock using bits from the replacement door and put the old door back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back