Replacing Drayton LP112 with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The LP112 is wired with two wires in the live neutrals, 2 wires in live terminal and one wire in the water on (3) and heating on (4). No wires in the off terminal. There is a hard wired Boss BRTmk2 room thermostat. I have replaced the LP112 with a Hive 2 receiver and disconnected the room thermostat and insulated each of the wires separately. I have good communication between the Hive hub , the receiver and the hive thermostat. The green lights show that the hot and water heating circuits come on when triggered from the wireless thermostat BUT there is no trigger to the boiler and the system is not working. I have replaced the original LP112 controller and Boss thermostat and all is working fine again. What am I doing wrong. The wiring is not what I expected but I have not changed anything. Is the problem associated with the wiring out of the thermostat and therefore not completing the circuits. Thank you for any help you may provide.

Sponsored Links
The feed and switch wires from the origional thermostat need to be connected together not isolated.

Thank you. All is now working as it should. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back