Replacing Drayton RTS1 with Honeywell DT90E - Wiring change.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Honeywell DT90E (wired Digitel room stat) to replace my current Drayton RTS1. Now i realise that the RTS1 has a 240v feed & the DT90 is volt free (basically a battery powered switch) but what i want to know, before i take anything apart is what i have to alter or connect/disconnect with regards to the wiring.

The Drayton RTS1 has Live, Neutral, Call on it's connector block.

where as,
The Honeywell DT90 has A,B,C. Assuming Live, Neutral, ????

What relates to what & do i have to make any wiring changes in my Drayton Lifestyle timer??

Help much appreciated
Cheers in advance
Andy

Sponsored Links
Connect Live to A, Call to B. You don't use the neutral connection. No wiring changes needed to the timer.

Thanks for the help. I understand fully what you are saying. Do i need to disconnect the neutral that WAS feeding the Tstat, from the timer? Surely this would be a risk to be left connected??

Cheers in advance once again
Regards
AndyB

Sponsored Links
Hi I am about to do the exact same thing...what were the steps with regards to the Neutral connection from the timer, or can we just ignore it and make it safe?

Thanks

Akbar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back