Replacing electric shower with thermostatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, First post here so here goes.

I am planning to fit a new shower enclosure, with thermostatic shower, in my bathroom, after I have removed the old bath. I would like to use the existing bath's tap feeds for the new shower. The cold is mains fed 15mm dia. the hot is 22mm from a combination tank above the bathroom located airing cupboard (no loft). The height from floor to bottom of the combination tank's cold tank is 1750mm. I guess the shower head will be about the same if not slightly higher. The shower enclosure also has eight hydrojets. The shower supplier specifies that I require a water pressure of 2.25bar.

Question is what troubles am I potentially liable to encounter? Best to find out now before I start!

All advise will be most appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Tony

Sponsored Links
Explain combination tank, if you mean Fortic then you got no chance.

the 2.2 bar is no good if you cannot supply the volume as well, How much litres per minute do they say

They say 10 litres per minute.

What should be looking at getting to replace Fortic? (don't know if I have one but assume I do).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back