Replacing external door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thanks in adavance for any help on this.

I'm trying to replace an external door lock but can't seem to find an exact replacement.
Maybe I'm missing something or looking at the wrong specs?

I'm attaching photos:
1) lock itself
2) my drawing of the specs

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6570.JPG
    IMG_6570.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_6571.JPG
    IMG_6571.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 217
Sponsored Links
Looks like a Monarch aluminum French door. Is the gearbox knackard or just the cylinder? Can you explain the problem please.
If its the gearbox it is most likely an old Union lock that has been discontinued I'm afraid. Remove the metal plate covering the lock (2 screws) and see if it says Union behind it). Take a photo for us too.

Try these guys
http://store.northwesthardware.co.uk/ but I'm pretty sure they are no longer available. If you get really stuck give me a shout as I have a full 2nd hand Monarch door for sale and I could remove the gearbox for the right price.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response guys very much appreciated..

I am attaching photos of the door lock/handle from the opposite side.
As you can see the loose screws are the issue, I'm unable to tighten these hence want to replace full thing.

Is this just the case of unscrewing and then replacing the handle?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6596.JPG
    IMG_6596.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6595.JPG
    IMG_6595.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 239
It looks to me like someone has drilled and put a screw in the handle to keep it on.
Before you take it off, measure the handle centres for the turnkey and the spindle and source a replacement otherwise you may not be able to open or shut the door.
The handles should come off once the screws are undone.

Mike

IMG_0018.JPG
Thank you

Without dislodging anything as of yet I'm attaching my drawing of some measurements of the front plate ive made which I think are:

1) from top to spindle
2) from top to turnkey
3) from top to bottom

Does this seem correct?
Which is the most important measurement I need to keep in mind and do I need to go instore
To find one with the exact measurement? (When looking online they don't seem to have the exact spec)

Need the PZ measurement, the overall height of the lock faceplate, the width of the faceplate, if the lock could be taken out then a photo of the case itself would be great, stickers and makers stamps really do help but it's probably a union monarch

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back