Replacing flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While scraping the front of my house the flashing above the concrete porch disintegrated. It seems to be part of the dpc so I'm guessing I better get round to replacing it before the damp weather closes in. I was wondering if there's a simple diy option to getting it fixed. Maybe a heavyduty bitumen paint I could buy from Screwfix - something simple!!! I'm not wanting to bodge it, I just need a quick fix so I can get on with finishing painting the walls and windows.

Tony

Sponsored Links
was it lead flashing ?

you could try the bitumen type paints as a stand by but If its what was joining the house wall to the roof apex ,then you need it replacing properly

hi Moz,

The flashing was a narrow strip of felt (about 3 inches wide). It connected the wall to the top of my porch which is just a basic slab of concrete above the front door.

Sponsored Links
you can get replacements an tar paint fixes , not a pro job ,
but its your porch , lol :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back