Replacing free standing for built-in oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im new to this, my question is can i connect a 0.79kw oven using 2.5mm cable to a 6.0kw hob using 6.0mm cable which will be then connected to the CCU on a 32mcb at CU, as im not sure if i should use 6mm on both as some as told me, i do not have a 13amp socket near by so the oven can plugged in seperately, any advice i will be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
You can use 2.5mm cable to connect the oven but you cannot connect it to the hob. You could connect an fcu to the ccu & then connect the oven to that

Are you sure about the power rating of that oven as 0.79kw sounds a bit low for an oven.

I bought the hob and oven from wickes as part of new kitchen, both appliances are under the moffat name which is made by electrolux, i've just gone back over manuals i was wrong about the rating for oven it should have been 1.850W, hope this helps! I did also try ringing wickes & electrolux but they were no help at all..

Sponsored Links
You can still connect it via an fcu, unfortunately something I forgot to tell you is that the installing of an fcu may well be notifiable under part P of the building regs as it is in a kitchen. & you should check on that.

Thank you for your help, i have a spare 16 MCB in CU which was used for the old immersion heater before new boiler was installed, that can used for the radial for oven.

Thank you again for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back