Replacing Freestanding Tap Diverter Valve

cew

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m very much a DIY amateur but attempting to do a bit more before getting someone in!

Just moved into a property with this tap: https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/cruze-floor-mounted-freestanding-bath-shower-mixer-chrome

The diverter valve is broken, I suspect due to limescale. When I turn on the water it flows from both the shower head and the tap.

I’m about to head to screwfix to buy everything I need to sort it out. Am I correct in thinking I just need a small hex key (there are two hex screws near where the shower hose attaches). I’ll also pick up some silicon lubricant in addition to descaler.

Is this all I’m likely to need? From what I can tell a wrench or large hex key shouldn’t be required? I’ve tried to look at YouTube videos but none seem to be for freestanding taps such as this.

Any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back