Replacing garage roof - what to do first?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace a garage roof, principally because the current roof is made of asbestos.

I know next to nothing about building, so wanted to know, if I get an asbsestos removal company in to remove the current roof, will the garage be structurally safe for a while without a roof?

Or do I need to get a builder in immediately to put a new roof on top of the garage?

Sponsored Links
If it's corrugated asbestos cement panels then fine to remove with no effect of the structure.

What are you planning to replace them with?

There is no reason to replace them because they contain asbestos - perfectly safe if in good condition and left alone.

If it's corrugated asbestos cement panels then fine to remove with no effect of the structure.

What are you planning to replace them with?

There is no reason to replace them because they contain asbestos - perfectly safe if in good condition and left alone.

I don't know what I'm going to replace them with.

Would you say these panels are in a good condition?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back