Replacing Gardtec 600 Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gardtec 600 panel with 3 keypads. Two of the keypads are green lcds, and one is slightly newer and blue. One of the green lcd has been showing gradually more garbled text, and has now stopped showing anything (although still glows), and the other has started to go the same way. They all still work fine.

I thought I'd try swapping over the keypad - bought a matching one on ebay, swapped the board over, but as soon as I excited eng mode, it came up with a tamper error. Interestingly, the tamper error was sometimes Keypad 1 and sometimes Keypad 2. So, I'm guessing there's some kind of pairing process required with the panel to stop the keypads interfering with each other.

Also, is there a better source of keypads than old ones on ebay - no idea if the replacement keypad itself already has a fault ...

Sponsored Links
You need to program the keypad,eg keypad 1,keypad 2, keypad 3 etc.
If you change keypad 2,then new keypad needs to be keypad 2 otherwise you get at keypad tamper fault.
What keypads have you got 6 wire or 4 wire versions.
Post photo of keypad wiring.

Thanks. They're 4 wire pads - I made sure I got matching, and the pad seemed to work, apart from the conflict with the others. My guess is the controller thinks this one is keypad 2, but it was configured as keypad 1, but that's just a guess based on the fact that the fault pad was one of the first 2 done (so it's not going to be keypad 3 which will be the later one. Image of wiring attached.

How do you program the keypads - is that something done at the keypad or at the controller somehow?

Attachments

• Keypad Wiring.jpg
    Keypad Wiring.jpg
    894.5 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
How to program keypad from engineering[
ATTACH]281875[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221006-202148_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20221006-202148_Samsung Notes.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 73
Brilliant - thanks very much. Was certainly never going to work that out on my own!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back