Replacing gas cooker for sthg which gives same flexibility!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a gas cooker (4 hobs, grille, oven) and I'm planning at some point in the future to re-do the kitchen. I'd like to have built in appliances (hob and oven/etc) but I can't seem to find anyone who does a gas oven & grille, ie. the grille can be used at the same time as the oven for eg sausages and chips.

Do these things not exist any more? Has everyone pretty much gone to electric oven with gas hob?

I did a quick search on the B&Q and Wickes websites, the cheapest double oven is £500 while the cheapest single oven (which includes grille) is £159. If I had (or created) the space, would it be feasible to fit 2x identical ovens side by side? Or possibly one above the other, if they were compact enough to allow fitment like this? I know the electrics would probably need a little thought, since the 2x single ovens would overload a double socket if they were the style with a 13A plug each - possibly reuse the old cooker circuit which is still present (but unused at the moment - gas cooker) to supply 2x single sockets for each oven, and the electrics for the ignition on a gas hob and possibly a cooker hood too.

Sponsored Links
Update: I've found one, just the one, built-under gas oven with separate grille. Its from New World NW701G (they do it in 5 colours).

Any more on the market than just the one???

Sponsored Links
It's only Stove's/New world that do built in gas now so your limited to them. I personally much prefer gas over electric though and as gas is what your used to you need to stick with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back