replacing grundfos circulating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm planning to replace pump with similar type. Instruction state the water flow should be in upwards direction. However, if installed in downward direction there should be a venting system below pump to prevent damage.

The pump to be replaced is showing arrow in downward direction, but I can't see any means of venting the system.

Should I ensure that the new pump is installed with arrow in downward direction. If I do this, all the writing around the central vent shaft will be upside down.

Advise welcomed.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
However, if installed in downward direction there should be a venting system below pump to prevent damage.
Grundfos instructions say:

However, pumping downwards is acceptable provided an effective air vent is incorporated in the system, before the pump.

Are you sure you haven't misread the instructions?

Pumping downwards is not ideal but will be OK, provided you have the correctly installed feed and vent pipes on the input side of the pump and the water level in the FE tank is about 1.5m above the pump inlet.

If the existing pump has the arrow pointing down, the new pump must do the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back