Replacing honeywell 2 port head with a 3 port head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Honeywell 4043H 2 port valve has broken. The paddle switch does not touch the micro switch when manually pushed across so presume the whole head needs to be replaced. I have a spare 3 port head and want to confirm if it can be fitted as a temporary measure until I get a new 2 port head.

The wiring on the 2 port head is blue/orange/brown/grey/earth. The colour on the 3 port head is blue/orange/grey/white/earth. can I wire it up substituting the brown on the 2 port head with the white on the 3 port head all other connections the same. Don't want to do anything until I can confirm that is the case. I have a combi boiler with x2 programmable thermostats. One running the radiators the other an underfloor heating zone.

Thanks for any assistance

Sponsored Links
Hi,

My Honeywell 4043H 2 port valve has broken. The paddle switch does not touch the micro switch when manually pushed across so presume the whole head needs to be replaced. I have a spare 3 port head and want to confirm if it can be fitted as a temporary measure until I get a new 2 port head.

The wiring on the 2 port head is blue/orange/brown/grey/earth. The colour on the 3 port head is blue/orange/grey/white/earth. can I wire it up substituting the brown on the 2 port head with the white on the 3 port head all other connections the same. Don't want to do anything until I can confirm that is the case. I have a combi boiler with x2 programmable thermostats. One running the radiators the other an underfloor heating zone.

Thanks for any assistance

You are talking absolute nonsense of course it will not work

I didn't say I knew what i was talking about that is why i was asking the question.

I presumed the paddle was supposed to hit the micro switch on manual so you could get the boiler to fire by moving it to manual. It does this on the old 3 port valve head I have. If its not supposed to hit the paddle switch when the lever is pushed across in manual I presume it could be the synchro motor at fault.

Sponsored Links
Change the syncron motor, as Dan says the manual lever does not take the valve as far as the motor does.

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back