Replacing Honeywell 24 hour timer with a 7 day timer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just purchased a Grasslin Towerchron QE2 Dual Channel Programmer Timer to replace my Honeywell 24 hour timer.

How do I wire the new Grasslin Towerchron QE2 Dual Channel Programmer Timer?

I have a gravity fed hot water with a pumped central heating.

The existing wiring is as pictured below:
3409280062_1e2da5c27e.jpg

The Towerchron's connector block:
3408471223_463c2714d6.jpg

Towerchron manual:
http://www.cameuk.com/camenew/tech-docs/08_Misc drawings and diagrams/QE1 Timer.pdf

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Your green/yellow wire should be connected to Pin 1 - HW Off.

But that raises another issue - G/Y should be used only for earth - so really you should replace that bit of flex with some 3C+E cable.

Steve

Anyone using earth for live and without sleeving it to indicate it is live, should be shot at dawn :mad:

Sponsored Links
thank you for your replies.

i thought that the g/y was earth. maybe it was just to differenciate the wiring. should have used another colour though.

I thought that the g/y was earth.
Don't think - check!!!

If you look at the descriptions below the terminals, you will see that T7 is labelled NC. When HW is OFF, the switch connects this terminal to T8, which connects, via T5, to the live terminal L. So T7 then has 230v - not very earthy. :eek:

T7 is T1 on the Grasslin.

maybe it was just to differentiate the wiring. should have used another colour though.
Who ever wired it up couldn't be bothered to use the correct cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back