Replacing Honeywell stat T6160B with Sunvic TLX 7501

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I intend to replace a very old and battered looking honeywell stat with a more modern digital version.
Unfortunately i cannot find any wiring diagrams for the old honeywell stat so before i start, i just wanted to hear from experts out there on this forum who would be willing to share some of their advice and knowledge.
The current stat (Honeywell) has this configuration:
Pin 1) - Red Wire
Pin 2) - Blue Wire
Pin 3) - Yellow Wire

The new stat (Sunvic) has this required configuration:
Pin 1) Off
Pin 2) On
Pin 3) Common

So my problem is that i can't fully match the existing coloured wires to the new stat pin confirguration without the honeywell wiring config. So can anyone point me to an online resource that has such information on the old honeywell model or can someone simply map the three colours (based on the old model configuration as, before i get shot down in flames, i am aware that colours on their own mean nothing).

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
333Rocky333:
thanks for the suggestion, but there is no diagram on the old unit unlike the new stat.

londonboy:
thanks for prompt reply. I'll isolate the blue off and wire up tomorrow. Thanks your help.

Sponsored Links
Honeywell say for your old stat
1 common
2 neutral
3 demand

So connect as londonboy says.

your new stat is battery operated and switches across your Red and Yellow wires, the blue neutral is not required.

so New stat

Red to common
yellow to on
Blue Neutral safely sealed off

'londonboy': I think you've stated those terminals about face - as the O/P has also done:-

The red (line) to the Honeywell 'stat on 'common' should go to the new 'stat terminal marked 'C'.

The yellow on the old 'stat terminal '3' should go to the new 'stat terminal '2' ('ON').

The blue core on terminal '2' of the Honeywell 'stat should be insulated and tucked away safely, as it isn't required on the Sunvic 'stat.

Terminal 3 ('Off') on the Sunvic, isn't normally used on standard systems.

Lucia.

I read the 1 2 3
as the honeywell connections

Tlx7501
1 is satisfied
2 is demand
3 is common

Thanks chaps for your further posts and adding even more clarity to my question.

I'm a long time user of internet forums, but i have yet to come across a more friendly and helpful forum as this one. You guys are a credit to this service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back